Thursday, March 15, 2012

this new blog


There have always been two great loves: food & design. As far back as I can remember, if I wasn't watching Julia Child, you could find me re-arranging my bedroom furniture and creating vignettes in my bookcase while setting up to play "shop" with my sister. You can plop me anywhere in the world, even in the most dire of places and if there is local flavor involved or curious architecture, I am a happy camper.

Somehow these fancies collided when I embarked on my studies of Hotel & Restaurant Management at Ecole Hôtelière de Lausanne and ended up training with Daniel Boulud, rubbing elbows with Thomas Keller, working at the Beverly Hills Hotel and Raffles L'Ermitage and with the five star experience under my belt, my wings took me to Healdsburg to be on the opening team with my dear friends at Barndiva. I have since deepened my understanding that food is just as much the art of living as it is about the intricacies of flavor and terroir. So orange zest productions? I LOVE orange, the color. But in this context, it's all about the zest. I hope to capture it all here and share some things that hopefully bring zest to your life. And when I'm not creating and photographing in the kitchen, I am musing here about design.

But the greatest love of all is my husband who is by my side to experience this dreamworld of food & design with me every day.

My name is Patricia and I live in Athens, GA.

Bon Appétit y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment